Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sourlands In Winter

Woosamonsa Road


3 February 2019

Last Sunday and today I led rides that went into and around the Sourlands. In the winter I don't stray far from home, and although I tend to take pictures of the same places over and over again, no place is the same place twice.


Winter sky over Twin Pines:


Winter sky over Harbourton-Woodsville Road:


The wall critters at Sourland Coffee still have their Christmas decorations on:


Mount Airy cows, Mount Airy cows, always Mount Airy cows. I no longer tell the group to wait at the top of the hill. I tell the group to wait at the cows.






For all of your rainbow sprinkle* needs, look no further than the Carousel Deli in Ringoes:


Gulick Road:



This morning we passed a pile of cows on Rocktown Road. I didn't stop. My stupid route took us the same way on our trip home. The cows were still there. I stopped. They were cute.




Years and years and years ago, an erstwhile Free Wheeler called that big hill with the painted rocks on  Harbourton-Mount Airy Road "Dinosaur Hill." I've been calling it that ever since. Today I stopped mid-climb because the dinosaur had snow on its face.


The Snoopy rock up the driveway could use a fresh coat of paint. There used to be third rock that was either a turtle or a hand grenade. I didn't look for it today.


Woosamonsa Road:



(*Jimmies, damn it! They're called jimmies! I've been in Central Jersey too long.)

No comments: