Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Glass at the V&A

No, but maybe someday.

7 January 2020

The Victoria and Albert Museum (the V&A, as everyone here calls it) has a hodgepodge collection that falls under the vague category of decorative arts. This includes a gigantic bed and an animatronic man-eating tiger.

Been there, done that. We went to see the glass.

One can't enter the V&A without passing by the massive Chihuly dangling threateningly over the information desk.





Despite the size and sheer number of objects, Jack commented that I was passing through rather quickly.

"I know what I like," I said.


The lighting was just dim enough that my camera had a hard time figuring out the color balance. Glass isn't easy to photograph in the first place. So bear with me here. All the glass was behind glass.











Well, looks like someone got Copper Ruby Light to work:





















Chihuly again:













Every glassblower's house, eventually:





My glass class buddy, Alchemy, could have made these:









Not a puffer fish:








From the second level I could zoom in on the Chihuly of Damocles:



17 days until class starts again.

No comments: