Sunday, March 3, 2024

Pennington Eagle

It's the best I could do from the road.

 3 March 2024

I took Kermit out for a solo bike ride after glassblowing today. Having already been scurrying around on a cement floor for four hours, I don't try to go far or make my Sunday rides too difficult. I need to save my legs for four more hours on cement after work the next day.

The route is always some variation of the old Friday night Pennington ride. I went out around 3:15 p.m., when the temperature was in the mid-60s and the sky almost cloudless. I haven't seen so many folks out with their dogs or their bikes since lockdown.

And the spring peepers were loud! 

I didn't stop at all until I spied a dark blob near the eagle's nest as I went down Pennington-Rocky Hill Road. My camera has 40x digital zoom. I figured I could at least get a few pixellated closeups if I held my hands steady.


This one is blurry, but it's the first time I've gotten a shot of an eagle with its mouth open.



It was grooming itself, which I could barely make out from the road.



The eggs in the nest over at Duke Farms hatched this week. I wonder if we have chicks here too.




No comments: