Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"My Turn"

22 December

In April my parents moved from the Philly 'burbs into Center City Philadelphia. Now they're on the 23rd floor of a 24 story building, a penultimatehouse apartment with a southwestern view of the city.

My father (of "Your blog is boring" fame) sometimes sends me pictures of goings-on at Logan Circle: a bike race, Thanksgiving Day parade floats, and now sunsets.

He says it's his turn to show off pictures, so, enjoy.

The date stamps have nothing to do with reality. This is the Cira Centre, next to 30th Street Station. At night the building is lit on all sides with LED lights. Today they were red, green, and gold, of course. My favorite display was a few years back when the whole building was shimmering in winking blue lights. It's fun to look at while I'm walking from the lab to the train station. It's a little distracting if I'm driving.




When I was little my mother dabbled in stained glass until she started worrying that my sister and I would eat the lead strips (Mmmm, licorice!). This is a window pane I thought she'd made until my father corrected me. This was given to her by the contractor who took nine months to renovate three bathrooms in the house I grew up in.

My father took this picture of the sunset through the stained glass.


We'll return to our regularly scheduled point-and-shoots in a few days. I have a handful late fall pictures to post, plus a few from Saturday's snowstorm.

No comments: