Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hill Slugs Ad Hoc, Saturday, 18 August

18 August 2012 UPDATE:

Today's ride is canceled.  Tom has postponed his until tomorrow.  I'll be joining him.  I hope to see you there.  Details are in the link below.


16 August 2012

I realize I'm competing against two other worthy rides on Saturday:  Tom Hammell's Lake Nockamixon Loop, and Don Sprague's Belmar century.

However, there might be a scant few Slugs out there who either a) don't want to drive that far, or b) don't want to ride that far.  For those people, I will be leading the following ride:

Pennington to Round Valley Reservoir
65 +/- miles
3600 +/- feet of elevation gain
2 rest stops

Starting time:  8:30 a.m.
Starting location: Hopewell YMCA Administration Building/YMCA parking lot, Main Street, across from Ingleside Rd, Pennington, NJ

10 extra miles* starting time:  8:00 a.m.
10 extra miles starting location:  my house**

As of now, the weather forecast is calling for a 23% chance of rain, which in bike addict terms is nothing.  Check this blog again on Friday night; if the weather forecast gets worse then we'll move the ride to Sunday (just like Tom is doing).



(*Yeah, I'm still that crazy.)

(**The deck is just about finished and the porch is on its way.  Yay!)

3 comments:

Plain_Jim said...

Uh... you're only leaving 30 minutes for ten extra miles? So, 20mph average including traffic lights & stuff?

I might do this just to see how we do on the ride-to-thje-ride!

Our Lady of Perpetual Headwinds said...

5.5 miles each way. So 11 extra miles really.

Plain_Jim said...

Oh. Ten total. Not ten one-way.

(I am SO EMBARRASSED...)