Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hill Slugs Ad Hoc, Saturday, 20 October: The Castner Murders Ride

18 October 2012

This ride will be a two-fer:  We'll get a lot of leaf-changing scenery and follow the path of two murderers as they ran from the law and were brought to justice. 

Ed C. and Plain Jim scouted the route back in September.  You can read about it here

There will be two rest stops along the 56-mile route.  Expect hills, but not the brutality of the more recent Hill Slug adventures. It's October, ferchrissakes.  We're gonna chill on this one.

Meet at 9:00 a.m. at Spruce Run Reservoir.  Directions are here.  Parking is free after Labor Day.  I'll be in the parking lot closest to the entrance.  Email me for my phone number just in case.

(Note to any of Ed's fast cyclist buddies:  You are welcome to come along, but you are not welcome to push the pace.  I'm fit, but I'm not fast.  Speed and fitness aren't a 1:1 correlation.)

No comments: