Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hunterdon Land Trust Ride, Sunday, 21 July 2013

18 July 2013

***** UPDATE 20 July:  The ride is ON. *****

I've come up with a preliminary route from the Dvoor Farm (where Routes 12 and 523 meet in Flemington) that will take us past plenty of parks, preserved farms, and other open spaces.  As of now the route is 59 miles with over 5K feet of climbing.  Kinda brutal.  Must edit.

[UPDATE 19 July:  I now have two three more routes, 50, 49, and 47 miles, two of them slightly less brutal and one that's downright cushy by Hill Slug standards.  I'll bring them all and we can decide on Sunday morning.]

The Hunterdon Land Trust farmers market event starts around noon; we won't be back by then.  But we'll get an early start.  Meet in the parking lot for an 8:30 a.m. push-off.  When we get back there will be all sorts of farmers-markety stuff to eat, sniff, and buy.  I've been told we'll all get $1 off whatever we purchase.

I know this is early and far away.  Shoot me an email or leave a comment if you plan to come with me.  This is a beautiful route but it would suck to ride it alone.

No comments: