Sunday, July 27, 2014

If We're South of New Egypt, We Must Get Wet


This was not in the forecast when we checked at 7:00 a.m.

27 July 2014

Hawkin Road, southbound, near Colliers Mill:

Tom Y:  "I feel raindrops."

Me:  "It's not rain.  We're sweating in unison."

East Colliers Mill Road, eastbound, five minutes later:

Me (looking at the sky):  "Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!"

Why is it that when I lead a ride that goes south of New Egypt I tend to get rained on?  It's bad enough that I get blamed for the wind.  Now this.  Our Lady of Perpetual Sogginess?



1 comment:

Neil Cherry said...

Mark has finally figured out why it tends to rain so much in South Jersey. Mark and I are to blame (most of my rides are into the Barrens). When hot air (which we have in abundance, as we are not known for our silence) rises and meets cooler air rain occurs. So Mark and I are at least partly to blame. There is no need to change the title you so earnestly deserve. :-)

Deep in the heart of Jersey ...