Saturday, November 15, 2014

Summer Vacation Begins


15 November 2014

Today starts my first real vacation from work since January.

I've arrived in London, on my way to visit Jack in Oxford.  I'm on a bus with free wifi and my old iPhone as my UK phone.

Winter Larry wants pictures. Here's my view from the coach, looking onto the motorway and fog. (I'm going to use English words just to be snobby.)


Thrilling. I promise better later on.

I think I had the most perfect flight ever. We took off early. I had an entire row to myself. Up went the arm rests, down went I, and nobody crashed into my feet all night. I think I might have slept almost 6 hours. I think that's a record.

I booked my flight 2 months early and got the round trip for $800 (a relative steal compared to the $1K+ I usually have to pay). So that's $400 each way; $400 for 3 seats on the way over. This dooms me to a hellish return trip.

Maybe these pictures are better:



Right.  Time to put away the mobile and read a book. Ta for now.

Oh, wait. Here's a sign in the loo on the coach. It must be for canine passengers.


No comments: