Sunday, October 20, 2019

Recovery Ride with Goats

Bayberry Road

20 October 2019

Time got away from me again this week. I'm posting late.

I had to be somewhere in the early afternoon last Sunday, so I led a recovery ride again. The route was a little hillier than the week before, and about five miles longer. Pete G started with me from home. We met everyone else at the Pig. They'd all ridden in too. By the end of the ride, all but one had peeled off for home. I bought a few cookies at the Pig to last me the week and headed home.

We passed a herd of goats and sheep on Bayberry Road. The herd was being guarded by two dogs who were lounging by the fence. Pete said that the herd belonged to Brick Farm, the one that has a storefront in Hopewell.




There was a hint of fall color from the top of Harbourton-Woodsville Road:





The bridge work that has Washington Crossing Road closed would be enough to halt a Hill Slug. I don't think I can carry my bike while climbing a ladder.



No comments: