Sunday, September 27, 2020

Strange Trip Part Eight: Another Hazy Sunrise

Sunrise on Frenchman Bay

15 September 2020

If last night's haze is sticking around, I'm getting up for today's sunrise. The trick is to wake up about fifteen minutes ahead of time, get dressed as quickly and silently as possible, and slip out onto the balcony without waking Jack up. 

I never bother to put my hearing aids in. The world is quiet but for the occasional putter of a lobster boat leaving the harbor.



The pink sky reflects on the tide pools. My camera doesn't see it.



When the sun appears, I lower the exposure time to catch the wisps of haze on the horizon.
































I go back inside, draw the curtains, and climb into bed again. As I drift off to sleep, I design a hazy sunrise in glass.



No comments: