Friday, December 31, 2010

Reservoir Pig

31 December 2010

Seems I forgot to post the pictures from Michael Heffler's September 26 Montana ride.

It was the first real test of Miss Piggy's prowess. Several years ago, overtrained, I attempted to climb Montana Road. Like a lot of other people who try it, I hit the wall about three quarters of the way up and had to stop.

This time, with 29-32 gearing, I made it all the way up. At the top, Tom and I stood in the shade and compared notes on our Cannondale Synapses.

Here's Miss Piggy at Merrill Creek Reservoir:

Here's the reservoir:





I don't even remember where I took these pictures, but the farm is somewhere between Asbury and Bloomsbury.



I remember that I started climbing Asbury Road ahead of Tom. Not even halfway up he caught up to me. As he passed, I said, "I can match you gear for gear and I still can't beat you."

"Nope!" he said and spun on by.

This is the koi pond at Koppe's deli in Bloomsbury:




Here's the bridge over the Delaware River at Frenchtown, where we started and ended the ride:


No comments: