Saturday, November 4, 2017

Ornaments of Resistance

4 November 2017



Two weeks ago I spent a day making glass ornaments.

My original plan was to give them away as holiday presents. But, save for the demos, the ornaments came out uncontrolled and amateurish, just like our dear leader.

So I have a better idea. Rather than foist these things onto people who probably don't want them, I will auction them off. 

Each ornament cost me $20 to make. If you make a $20 donation* to one of the charities listed below, I will send you the ornament of your choice. 

Choose a charity and an ornament, and send me a message. First come, first served. Please add $5 to the donation if I end up mailing an ornament to you.

These are the charities, in no particular order:

Felix Cruz (Puerto Rico hurricane relief; contact me to contact him)


These are the ornaments:

#1. Clear Demo (Don Gonzalez made this to show me how it's done.)
SOLD to Ira S (for the Trenton Bike Exchange, naturally)



#2. Clear Crackle (We dipped this in cold water for a crackle effect.)
SOLD to Andrew A (for the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen)

#3. Halted Demo (He was showing me how to get a glass strand in the center. I liked how it looked halfway through and told him to leave it like that.)

 #4. Glass Strand Demo (This is what #3 would have looked like.)

#5. Rolled in Shards 1 (We rolled the glass over scraps of colored glass.)

#6. Rolled in Shards 2 (We had enough for another one.)
GIVEN to John W for painting our house all weekend


#7. Green Stringer (I almost kept this one. The shape is better because I held the dripping green glass over the clear ornament while he turned it.)
SOLD to Vanessa V (who drew our cats)



#8. Teardrop (I rolled the glass in frit and shards and then pulled the end to get the teardrop shape.)
SOLD to Andy S (to the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen)


#9. Rolled in ribbons
SOLD to Tom H (to Planned Parenthood)




(*This will be on the honor system. If you get the glass but don't donate, or donate to Stormfront or the NRA or something deplorable like that, you are a bad actor and that's on you.)

No comments: