Sunday, April 17, 2022

Windy Muffin Run

 

Bayberry Road


17 April 2022

Yesterday's ride was hilly. I wasn't feeling motivated to join a club ride today. Instead, I went out at my own pace, into the gusting wind, to fill my pockets with muffins from Boro Bean.

Not planning to take pictures, I left my camera at home. The sky over the Pole Farm on Cold Soil Road was too good to pass up, though, so I dug out my phone. This took some time, because I had glove liners under my short-fingered gloves, and my phone was nestled in a sandwich bag within the mess of a larger sandwich bag containing all the things a ride leader might need, plus my wallet. All this was worth the effort.







I think my phone takes sharper pictures than my real camera does, as long as I don't zoom in too much.

When I'm out this way, I usually follow the old Friday night route. I go down Van Kirk, up Tall Timbers, across Carter to Carson Road, up Province Line to ETS (with the Research Way loop, of course), and up the hill on Carter to Bayberry.

I had to stop in the middle of the first roller for more pictures.


All that was missing were the sheep.



I continued on, winding through a neighborhood off of Pennington-Rocky Hill to get to Wargo and then Moores Mill-Mount Rose. 

Lake McBride was full after last night's rain. I skirted it on Fairway to Tyburn, then finally caught a bit of tailwind down into Hopewell. 

I was sure I'd get two Boro Bean muffins to eat later, and pondering whether or not to get a cortado too, as I pulled up to the front of the old house.

The door was closed. 

Passover, Easter. There were to be no muffins for atheists.

At least I had a tailwind to push me home.

No comments: