Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hill Slugs Spring Thaw, Saturday, 26 March

24 March 2011

I was away last week, but I hear you went and had some spring while I was gone. Now I'm back from Chicago (photos soon), and I seem to have brought its weather with me.

Nevertheless, it is officially spring, so we're going to ride, and damn the temperature.

Meet at the Hopewell YMCA parking lot on Main Street in Pennington, across from Ingleside Avenue. The start time is 9:30 a.m. We'll do something in the 40-ish mile neighborhood.

Extra-milers can meet me at my house for a 9:00 a.m. start.

Pace-pushers can go jump in a lake.

1 comment:

Plain_Jim said...

"Pace-pushers can go jump in a lake."

By now, the local lakes are probably thawed enough that the pace-pushers in question will not suffer concussion as a result of following your timely suggestion. The hypothermia that might ensue from such a course of action is not the intention of the management, I'm sure; nonetheless, the soon-to-be-aquatic pace-pushers are warned to take proper precautions to forestall such an eventuality.

It strikes me, by the way (as one who dances on the ragged edge of pace-pushiness), that the proprietor of this blog likes to stop and take pictures on the ride, and I don't remember that happening on the last one. I hope you will feel free to tell me to stop and wait when you plan to avail yourself of a photographic opportunity. Having the artistic leanings of a Philistine, I do not naturally notice these things, and I benefit from having them pointed out to me.