Monday, January 9, 2012

Friendship Before Speed

9 January 2011

The Hill Slugs have a new motto:  amicitia quam celeritate.  It means "friendship before speed."

What you see up there is just a preliminary doodle I made late last night when Plain Jim suggested I needed a picture to go with the motto (which he and Jack translated into Latin for me). 

I can't use a slug on a bicycle.  That's already been taken by Sugoi and Team Estrogen.  Sadly, it seems the jersey is no longer available.  I've already got one.  You can still get the socks, though.

1 comment:

Plain_Jim said...

Nice. Especially nice with the motto up as a subhead under the blog title.

I still like the idea of a graphic of two slugs going uphill on pennyfarthings, the first pedalin' & sweatin' away, the second holding onto a rope tied to the first's bike, and looking at you and grinning.

But I'm certainly not the one with the drawing skills to get it done!