Saturday, February 4, 2012

Random Pictures


Cows on Gulick Road, Amwell, in January

 4 February 2011

Lately, Plain Jim has been describing our Hill Slug rides pretty well, which sort of gets me off the hook.

He's not taking pictures, though, so I owe you that much.

In the week between Christmas and New Years, I went on a couple of the weekday "Old Guys" rides.  On the first one I got my ass kicked.  On the second one, a few of us split off half way.  Might(y) Mike, Tom, and I wound up at Woody's in Allentown.  As I was propping Kermit against the side wall, I noticed the reflection of the sky in Woody's side window.  It's tough to tell what's what in the picture.


Today I took a circuitous route to get the Slugs to Sergeantsville.  I hadn't been on some of the roads in a long time, so I was riding ahead in order not to miss a turn.  That didn't work out so well; I missed one anyway and sent us all a mile or so towards Flemington before I realized I'd put and "R" where I ought to have put an "L" on my cue sheet.  Oh well.  It was pretty anyway.

I did see a great blue heron catch a fish in a stream by one of the back roads east of Sergeantsville.  That was pretty cool.

On our way home I took the group down Pine Hill.  It's one of those roads where the bottom just drops out of sight.  We're gonna have fun climbing it one of these days.

This is a view from Yard Road on our way to Sergeantsville:


This is Burnaby in the sun:

 

He could also, should he choose, get quite a tan from Gonzo's new, 3000 lumen, headlight.


The battery alone weighs almost two pounds.  I installed the battery holder in the front water bottle cage.  The top light isn't as bright, but it's more than enough for oncoming cars to see me.  The blinding headlamp is so that I can see the road.

The days are getting longer.  It's just dusk at 5:30.  Soon I'll be biking to work again.

1 comment:

Terry Christie said...

Just browsing your blog to see what you've been up to ride-wise lately. If you ever want to go on a short hill ride with a true slug let me know. I won't slow you guys down! Terry