Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Pedal Century as Told in Texts and Snippets

 shamelessly swiped from D.O.G.S.


30 September 2012



Might(y) Mike:  Which cue sheet did you get?
Jim:  I got the hundred.  In for a dime, in for a dollar.

Mark:  The heavyweight champion, Mister Pillow, dealt him a knockout blow.

Jim:  Mister Pumpkin says "Left!"

Jim:  Ed's chasing those fast guys.
OLPH (to Ed when he slows down):  Amicitia quam celeritate!

OLPH:  Are you OK?
Jim:  I had a renal emergency.

OLPH:  He likes to eye up young women.
Ed:  He likes to tie up young women?!?
OLPH:  Eye up!  Eye up!

Jim:  Excelsior!

OLPH to Dale:  This is your 25-mile check-in. 

Jim:  Mister Pumpkin says "Right!"

Ed:  I can't believe that guy is doing a century on a mountain bike.
Jim: You think you're tough!

Jim:  Excelsior!

OLPH to Dale:  50-mile check-in.  25 miles without stopping, in a pace line.  Back was saying, "Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!" by the end.  Next 30 is into the wind.   

OLPH (to rest stop volunteer):  Espresso in my water bottle.  Shh!

OLPH:  Were you trying to drop that mountain bike guy?
Ed:  Well, partially.
OLPH:  Uh-huh.

Jim:  Excelsior!

Mark: Right turn up there.
Jim:  Mister Pumpkin says, "Straight."
OLPH:  Mister Pumpkin says, "Psych!"

Jim:  He's behind us.  He had a renal emergency.

OLPH: 80 miles.  Trashed.  Must remember to chew my sandwich before swallowing.  Also, pie.
Dale:  I hope the last 20 are Big Joe miles:  flat.

Mark:  We should go.  Those clouds over there don't look promising.
OLPH:  You mean I can keep my streak going?

OLPH:  The guys wanna leave.  Clouds coming in.
Dale:  Go!!!!

Mighty Mike:  This is the Roadkill Century.

OLPH:  This is the shortest century I've done all year.

Jim:  I got four hours of sleep last night and I threw up yesterday.
OLPH:  Geez!  Good thing you didn't tell us that at the beginning.

OLPH:  I can't seem to break a [number not important] average.
Jim:  Amicitia quam celeritate.

OLPH:  My century averages just aren't as fast as they used to be when Big Joe was alive.

OLPH:  Mike, you got your "y" back.

OLPH:  #32 in the bag.
Dale:  Yay!

Dale:  I did get in a lot of work and I am still going strong.
OLPH:  You're going strong.  I'm going to a bakery.

The guys show me how I should be spending my Sundays.

Crazy Season is officially over.

1 comment:

Dale Katherine Ireland said...

Oh, so the guys are trying to get you to shift from "pedal, pedal, pedal," to "purr, purr, purr." Ain't gonna happen. Congrats on another season, and thanks for sharing.