Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hill Slugs Ad Hoc, Saturday, 16 February

16 February 2013

The roads are wet around here.  We're barely above freezing with a chance of rain or snow all morning.  Conditions in the hills are not going to be better.  I might regret this, but I'm canceling the ride.



15 February 2013

Gaah!  We're just on the cusp of dangerous conditions.  I'll make the call tomorrow morning by 7:30 a.m.

I'm concerned that the roads will be colder than the air, and that if it starts raining, this happens.




14 February 2013


UPDATE (5:18 p.m.):  WTF!?!  Now there's SNOW in Saturday's forecast!  Stay tuned...



Above freezing?  Check.

No snow on the ground?  Check.

Less than a 50% chance of rain?  Check.

Let's do this thing.

Meet at the Hopewell Administration Building, Main Street, across from Ingleside, in Pennington, for a 9:30 start.  We'll aim for 40-something miles.  Extra-milers can start with me from my house at 9:00 a.m.

Check back here on Saturday morning around 7:00 a.m. in case the weather changes.

2 comments:

Plain_Jim said...

While I will mis you and the others, I think it was a good call, given the information you had at the time. Hope to see youse-all soon.

Our Lady of Perpetual Headwinds said...

As I was headed to the gym, snow was coming down. The parking lot was full of puddles. By the time I got home I was cursing myself for canceling the ride.

Fiddlesticks. See my next post.