Saturday, February 9, 2013

Winter Pictures

9 February 2012

I haven't been on a bike ride since the middle of January.  My camera hasn't been away from home either.  I have been taking pictures, though, sometimes with my camera, sometimes with my phone.

Here is the January 10 sunrise, at 7:02, as seen from my bedroom window.  Terry C and Dale were taking pictures from their houses too.



We got a dusting of snow on January 26, after which I'd filled the bird feeders.  




Last night was our first real snowfall.  It was only about four inches, but it was enough to make the yard pretty.  What follows is suburban yard banality, covered in four inches of snow.




Our new deck gets its first snow cover.  Aww....







Summer inside, winter outside:


The snow and the camera make the pile of stump chips look flat.  Come spring, I have a lot of shoveling to do.



Even the sewer line vent looks kinda cute with snow on it.







This cinder block was unearthed during the summer renovations.  I keep forgetting to bring it to the curb.



There used to be a fence here.  Everything but this post had rotted away and was easy to pull out of the ground.  A few more years and maybe this one will come loose too.  That, or Chris C will show up early for a ride one morning and knock on my door with this post in his arms. 


Moxie watched me take pictures.






No comments: