Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Saturday: Ride for McBride -- Sunday: Hopewell Valley Stapmede Tour

16 September 2014

The Ride for McBride is this Saturday, September 20.  I will be leading a team of FreeWheelers on the 50-mile route starting at 8:00 a.m.  I plan to keep an honest strong B pace; in other words, we'll probably average in the high 16 mph range.  Those who wish to go faster should go faster without us.  To save time at registration, you can download and print the insurance release form ahead of time.

On Sunday, I'll be leading a completely different sort of ride:  the Hopewell Valley Stampede Tour. The ride will start at 9:00 a.m. from the Hopewell Crossing Shopping Center at Route 31 and Denow Road in Hopewell*.  Depending on who shows up, we'll go either 36 or 46 miles. Look for me near whatever store is closest to Route 31. We will be stopping a lot so that we can inspect every ox we encounter.  When we get to Hopewell and Pennington, we'll eat and drink as much as we feel like eating and drinking. I wanted to list this ride as a no-pace ride because, honestly, I have no idea what our average is going to be.  When we have ox-free stretches, I will keep a B pace, but I'm also cool with going more slowly if that's what people are into. There will be a few small hills and one big one, so factor that in when you choose your bike.  (*I might bike from home to the ride start, which is about 5 miles each way.  If you're interested in doing that, please contact me.)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I will be there in spirit on the McBride ride!