Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bad Santas and Art Bikes




16 December 2014

I meant to post these pictures a week ago. I met a friend in New York City on December 6. She'd taken a bus in from Boston at 7:00 a.m., arriving near Columbus Circle at noon. I'd tried to dissuade her: New York City in the rain is an unpleasant experience. She was not dissuaded, so I jostled my way through polite, soggy, Broadway tourists from Penn Station up to Columbus Circle, wondering why Manhattan's rain is so much worse than London's.

If you're looking for bad Santa ornaments, the Christmas market on Columbus Circle is the place to be.






A better place to spend your time is across the street at the Museum of Arts and Design.

One of the current exhibits features contemporary Central and South American art. It includes photographs of these Panamanian "Priti Baiks:"





Next time you're ready to bust on my Kermit, remember these.


And then there was this:





And, finally, in a display case from an entirely different exhibit of objects the museum has coveted over the years, there's this:


Go ahead. Zoom in.


You're welcome. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Plain_Jim said...

This might be my favorite post ever.