Saturday, December 6, 2014

Lawrence-Hopewell Trail


6 December 2014

Tom and Jim both posted better pictures.  What struck me was that the sky was every bit as dreary as the one I'd left behind in Oxford.

I'd arrived from England about 18 hours before I got on Grover, my mountain bike, and rode up to the Princeton Pike entrance to the Lawrence-Hopewell Trail.  Tom led me, Jim, Joe, Dave, and JeffX on a 22-mile loop.  The trail is well-maintained.  My only complaint is that the signs aren't clear; on several occasions we had no clue which way to turn.

As the ride went on, we felt colder.  Jet lag hit me a few miles from the end, but I recovered.

This is at the Pole Farm, officially Mercer Meadows:



This is at the Equestrian Center:


My head was still in England, so when I took this picture,


I was thinking about this one from two days before:


In the evening, Dale, Sean, and I went to New York City to see Mike Doughty's Question Jar Show. Doughty is difficult to define.  He's a singer-songwriter-rocker-hip-hop-comedian who plays acoustic shows with his buddy, Scrap, on the cello.  After every few songs, Scrap reaches into a jar full of questions from the audience.  The answers and banter are sometimes better than the music.  (If you can listen here without having to sign in, you can hear what I'm talking about.)

On the train home, I fell asleep.

No comments: