Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hill Slugs Ad Hoc, Saturday, 20 February

17 February 2016

Today the idea was pitched to me to go to Roy's Deli out in the flatlands. It's only February, so who cares if we're not beating ourselves up yet*? Also, Roy's is not Clarksburg. Let's go.

The ride will be at an easy B pace and will be between 40 and 45 miles.  We'll start from the East Picnic Area in Mercer County Park, on Edinburg Road, at 9:30 a.m.

If you want 16 extra miles, let me know.  I'll be biking over from my house at 8:45.


(*I'm sure I can make up for this between now and the official start of spring.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to get into some kinda shape for the Sourlands Semi-Classic on 2/28, working to get over my ankle sprained 1/9 at Bodega Bay in NorCal, and last weekend's sore throat. So I need a couple of harder rides this weekend, and then start tapering by no later than Wednesday.

Otherwise I'd be interested to see pastures new and flat and how hill slugs live. My partner Mary spends her time on major climbs near Scranton while she is at UofS until end of May, and likes to do the same down here. She'll be killing me on climbs by summer. Maybe another weekend in March when she's stuck in Scranton and weather is good enough for you to ride your much handled Master? :-)

Axel (better email is alexw07@comcast.net but you don't seem to permit that).

Plain_Jim said...

Looks like I have medical insurance again. I'll probably be in for extra miles.