Sunday, February 21, 2016

Rule #12

6. Rowlf (1986 Colnago Saronni Master)



21 February 2016

Rule #12: "The correct number of bikes to own is n+1."

In order of acquisition:


1. Kermit (1997 Waterford 2200, Reynolds steel, used, 2000 Trexlertown Swap Meet, originally painted British Racing Green, re-painted Colorphoria at Waterford in 2008):


This the first bike I'd rescue in a fire.



2. Gonzo (LeMond Zurich, Reynolds steel, date unknown, used, eBay 2003, originally painted white with red trim, powder-coated City Lights by Powtech in 2015):




This bike is a tank. It refuses to die.



3. Grover (2007 Cannondale F300, aluminum):


Before I messed up my back, I tried to hop logs. Now I'm not allowed. Towpath.



4. Miss Piggy II (2015 Cannondale Synapse, carbon, warranty replacement for 2011 Synapse, in a color scheme that is far too sedate for my personality):


For hills because I can't climb for shit.




5. Beaker (2014 Tommasini Techno, Columbus steel, painted without logos by request):



Perfection.








4 comments:

Plain_Jim said...

The rule also allows for s-1, where s=the number of bikes that will precipitate a separation between you and the spouse. At this point, at this house, two bikes for me (and two for her) approaches s; there is not a whole number that can be added to this sum and still satisfy the condition s-1.

There does appear to be a fractional number that can be added. I test this hypothesis continually by acquiring parts, accessories, and bike tools.

Mirage said...

Great collection of bikes and Muppets over the years.

Mirage said...

Great collection of bikes and Muppets over the years.

Unknown said...

Rule #26