Sunday, June 9, 2019

Pilgrimage to Maine, Part Eleven: Schooner Head

Schooner Head Road

31 May 2019

It's foggy and misty again. I'm okay with that. I'd rather leave in bad weather than on a sunny day.

Instead of heading straight off the island, we detour to Schooner Head. I have to stop for the little pond, like I always do.



Jack decides to stay in the car rather than face flies again. I walk down the winding asphalt path to the water's edge. The best I can do when I see Egg Rock lighthouse is zoom in as much as possible and hope that it's clear enough for digital zooming when I upload the picture.


Meh. When I get home I'm ordering a new camera.








I've seen a few of these round lichens on this trip.


At the top of the path again, I'm about to get into the car when a woman with binoculars asks me, "Is there a trail?"

"Yep. It's paved. It goes down to the rocks."

"Is it worth it?"

"Everything on this island is worth it."

*****

We're going to spend the night in Providence, Rhode Island. But first we're stopping at Len Libby Candies outside of Portland. We pretty much have to. They have a life-size chocolate moose.


No comments: