Saturday, October 23, 2021

Sand Bar Low Tide No Sunset

 

The Margaret Todd returns to the harbor at sunset

23 October 2021

Yeesh. These photos are from over a month ago, September 21. We had late dinner reservations, so there was time enough for me to wander over to the sand bar to see if there was anything like a sunset going on. There wasn't, but that doesn't mean I couldn't find a bunch of things to take pictures of.

"Gloaming" is a good word. It fits the murky light of dusk behind clouds.

I've been out on the sand bar at low tide a bunch of times before, but I don't ever remember seeing this chain affixed to a slab of concrete.



At the end of the chain was a rope.


At the end of the rope was a float.


I like taking pictures of low-tide sand ripples.



When I first encountered this head-shaped rock several years ago, he had a full, bushy, seaweed mustache. It's since been trimmed. I look for this rock every time I'm out here at low tide.



There wasn't much sunset cloud action.


There wasn't enough color in the sky to reflect much in the low water.











Even in murky twilight, Bar Harbor's sand bar is worth crunching around on.

The sky cleared while we were at dinner, and I spent time out on the balcony photographing the full moon.

No comments: