Sunday, August 10, 2014

News from the Road, August 9 and 10, 2014

10 August 2014



Fourteen years later, Eagle Road still sucks.  Just not as much.

I met Cheryl when I was sweaty, and I said goodbye to her when I was sweaty.

Tom's Synapse, the same frame and setup as Miss Piggy, gives him no trouble whatsoever.  I have something like ten times more miles on mine than he has on his.

I was shooed away from joining the C+ Etra ride, even though a certain someone who is faster than I am, and notorious for going off the front, was welcomed.

He who leans his electronic-shifting bike against a shifter at night shall find his electronic shifter battery completely run down the next morning. She who mocks electronic shifters shall say "Ha ha!" and then blog about it.

The average today on the so-called B ride out of Etra was officially "Jesus fuck!"  This is not yet a recognized pace category.

Gary W looks out for nervous riders who don't think they can keep up (*cough*).  Thanks, Gary.

Tom Y shall henceforth be known as Parrafin Tom.

Carbon is everywhere. Titanium is not steel.  Steel is steel.  I am an anachronism.

Beaker might -- might -- be ready by Thursday.

And that's the way it is.


No comments: