Thursday, January 22, 2009

MTB in Clayton Park

18 January

I've only seen Clayton Park in the winter. Today we were riding on a dusting of snow.

I think I managed to get a snapshot of one of the few flat spots in the park:



It doesn't look it, but this is sort of downhill:



There, see? We're on top of a hill.



Here, just off the trail, you can look out on a frozen pond:



Clayton Park surrounds Doctor's Creek, which flows into the Delaware River south of Crosswicks Creek.



Mike and Theresa are waiting for me while I take a picture of a twisted trunk:





Ah. Here's a big little hill. There's Mike B trying to get up it. The Mikes and I took repeated stabs at this climb. It's steeper than it looks. The trick, it turns out, is not to go into our lowest gears, and to get all the way clipped in before the descent.





Today was another welcome break from all the jostling and jarring of Mercer County Park.

No comments: