Thursday, January 8, 2009

Playing With the Camera



(When in doubt, find "reset" in the menu and voila! The flash is back on.)

8 January

The camera's instruction manual, as it usually goes with these things, bares little resemblance to reality. Apparently I turned the flash off, which is why Cleio was grainy yesterday, but I don't remember how I turned it off or how to turn it back on.

Anyway, this picture is of the I-95 ramp to the Cornwells Heights train station on SEPTA's R7 line. I'm looking west as the sun is rising behind me.



As the train pulled away I could see the reflection of the sunrise in the window next to my seat. I moved away from the window a little bit and caught the walkway in front of me and the reflected sunrise behind me.



These two are of the Schuylkill River, looking westward, upstream from Center City. The famous boathouses are behind me, but we can't see them from this railroad bridge anyway.





While waiting for the train home, I snapped this one from the platform. Through the glass is the Cira Centre with its LED light display. Tonight the lights were all blue, but they change every day. Sometimes they twinkle, sometimes they change colors in bands, and sometimes, like tonight, they're just boring.



I bought the Kermit Cam over to Cheryl's to show her my new toy. This is her dining room light reflected in a dinner plate.



This is the light.

No comments: