Sunday, March 4, 2012

Alpacas and a Bike that Works

4 March 2012

I fetched Miss Piggy from Hart's on Friday.  Maybe we should keep a running count of repair-free days.  She did well between the beginning of December and the end of February; if we don't count the minor cable adjustment after the drive train overhaul, that's three months, a new record.  Let's see if we can beat that.  Day one and counting...


 *****

The lighting was right today for pictures.  We were mostly in clouds, the front moving east and away as we rode. 

Our meandering route to Ringoes took us past the Candlelight alpaca farm at the top of Manners Road.  These critters cost more than a good bike, but looking at them today was free.






Cheryl had a good time talking to the alpacas.



From the farm, looking northeast:


Looking north:




Looking south:

Hay bales farther north on Manners Road:


Lauren says I have to tell you the joke.  She said, "Did you hear that the NJ Department of Agriculture is going to outlaw hay bales?"

"No.  Why?"

"Because the cows can't get a square meal."

"I'm'a smack you."


Turns out we used to know each other 15 years ago, back when I was living in Maple Shade.  We went to the same gym.  I was an aerobics instructor there, and we often were on the weight floor at the same time.  Today she figured out why I looked so familiar to her.  It took me a while to remember, but when I did, I even came up with something she said to me way back when.  Small world and all that.

On Frontage Road, which runs between Ringoes and the bottom of Mount Airy, there's a pond hidden in the trees.




It won't be long before there's a green haze on the landscape.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

blateThe alpaca I was talking to today I nicknamed Marilyn after Marilyn Monroe. That alpaca had a blonde head of hair just like the star!