Thursday, March 29, 2012

Off-The-Books Hill Slugs Ad Hoc, Sunday, 1 April

29 March 2012

Jeff Lippincott (not the one who sang "Superbad" while descending a mountain; the other one) and I have been going back and forth over email about a route from Frenchtown to Easton.  He did a similar route few weeks ago.  Months before this, I'd come up with a draft route that I'd intended to try out during the summer.  But once I saw Jeff's photos, I decided I didn't want to wait.

So now we have a route that we both like.  It starts in Frenchtown, crosses into PA, gets up in the hills, goes on some roads with funky names, leads back down to the river, stops for food, and makes its way across the Lehigh and then the Delaware.  After that it's all river riding, first on the NJ side to Riegelsville, then on the PA side to Milford, and back to the NJ side to Frenchtown.

The route is about 52 miles.  There's less elevation gain than I've been putting the Slugs through lately, so we should all be able to handle it.

Meet at the parking lot on the river side of the Bridge Cafe in Frenchtown.  This is the lower lot, which, I think, has been paved.  The ride starts at 9:00 a.m.

No comments: