Friday, June 9, 2023

Maine 2023 Part 4: Ogunquit Sunrise

Ogunquit, Maine

9 June 2023

I'd set the alarm for 4:45 again, but the dawn light woke me up before it went off.


Again there was a layer of Halifax haze on the horizon.


It was worse than the day before.







I could barely see the sun as it rose over the water.



















The colors at 1/2500 sec were not real, but the effect was worth it.





My iPhone couldn't handle the light when the sun came up.




I went back to the zoomed-in short exposures.





Once the sun was up, I went back to bed.


Jack woke me up more than 3 hours later. We checked out and drove up the coast, stopping at an antiquarian bookstore near Kennebunkport, a bookstore and lunch in Biddeford, Jack's favorite antiquarian bookshop (DeWolfe and Wood) in Alfred (where?), and a candy shop in Freeport (Wilbur's, the best chocolate-covered cranberries). It was late evening by the time we reached Bar Harbor.

No comments: